The dining scene in Perth has undergone a lot of change in the last few years. This includes championing small bars, kitchens staying open later, petite eats, and standards that have shot skyward. Here is a list of going out for a meal late at night and this doesn’t include those greasy kebab shops.
The Standard- Fairy Lights And Summer Vibes
When the moon is out, the Standard features a packed floor (thestandardperth.com.au), a light and airy, inside-meets-outside destination in Perth’s very own Chinatown. The bar out back can be found in a unique sea-container that pumps out playful and fun jugs of their signature punch. The roof of this venue offers an outstanding dining spot along with outstanding views over the city. Dining is open till midnight from Monday through to Saturday. One of the top dishes includes caramelized kangaroo with pineapple and a sesame-soy custard, the chef’s salty and sweet version of the Thai ma hor (better known as the Galloping Horses).
La Cholita- The Mexican Fiesta
If you have vertigo avoid looking down, as the floorboards at this hip establishment (lacholitanorthbridge) have been interspersed using Perspex which offers view down below of this tequila-obsessed venue. This constantly buzzing restaurant offers a handy “holding bay” where you can order basic dishes like guacamole and ceviche, which keeps the punters satisfied while waiting for a bar stool or up-cycled table to open. Authentic dishes at this venue can be ordered up until midnight from Sunday through to Thursday, which pushes onto 2am on a Friday and Saturday. One of the favorites not to be missed is a stuffed jalapeno-taco served with beef picadillo topped with a tasty walnut sauce.
Young Love Mess Hall- Where You Can Find Your Latest Crush On Food
The massive skylights illuminate the emerald and moody charcoal walls at Young Love’s (younglovesmesshall.com), highlighting the plants that cascade from the ceilings. It can be compared to a deep cave which is flooded by shafts of sunlight. Here you get to feast on exotic dishes such as fusion bowls or Japanese succotash or purple-yam splashed octopus tentacles. Dining is open till 11pm from Tuesday to Thursday and until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.
Varnish On King For Booze And Bacon Heaven
This New-York whiskey style bar can be found in the quieter side of the haute-couture strip of King Street. The Varnish on King (varnishonking.com), serves up banging dishes that add an additional dimension. Their menu starts to wind back at around 10.30pm, but their mainstay known as The Bacon Flight is open till midnight. This includes 4 different bacon styles, which are matched with 4 matching American whiskeys. The ideal choice for bacon lovers, you can also choose from delectable desserts and cheese boards.
Driving from Canning Vale to Westcoast Blinds
- Get on Roe Hwy/State Route 3 from State Route 13
7 min (4.5 km)
- Head southwest on Woodrush Way toward Arrowgrass Rd
- Turn left onto Arrowgrass Rd
- Turn left onto Centella Cir
- Turn left onto Karri Ave
Go through 1 roundabout
- Turn right onto Eucalyptus Blvd
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Banksia Esplanade
- Turn right onto Ranford Rd/State Route 13
- Continue straight onto South St/State Route 13
- Turn left onto the State Rte 3/Roe Hwy ramp to Rockingham
- Take State Route 2 to Neerabup Rd in Clarkson. Take exit Neerabup Rd from Mitchell Fwy/State Route 2
35 min (52.2 km)
- Merge onto Roe Hwy/State Route 3
- Use the right lane to take the State Rte 2 exit toward Perth/Fremantle
- Merge onto Kwinana Fwy/State Route 2
- Continue onto Kwinana Fwy/National Route 1/State Route 2
- Continue onto State Route 2
- Keep right to continue on Mitchell Fwy/State Route 2
- Continue straight to stay on Mitchell Fwy/State Route 2
- Keep right to stay on Mitchell Fwy/State Route 2
- Take exit Neerabup Rd toward Neerabup Rd
- Take Ocean Keys Blvd to Key Largo Dr
4 min (2.4 km)
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on Neerabup Rd
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Connolly Dr
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Ocean Keys Blvd
Go through 2 roundabouts
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Key Largo Dr
Destination will be on the left